Marshall Physical Therapy Staff
Dr. Ayres specializes in treating shoulder and upper extremities, pelvic girdle and spine, and foot and ankle injuries. She offers a great deal of experience treating patients with overuse conditions of the arms, wrists, and hands. Currently, she is pursuing continued education in manual therapy.
Prior to her physical therapy training, Dr. Ayres spent her early years on a farm, and has traveled extensively since. In her spare time, she continues to travel to far-flung places around the world, while taking in new leisure activities and adventures.
- Bachelor of Arts in History, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Master of Physical Therapy, Shenandoah University, Winchester, Virginia
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, Shenandoah University, Winchester, Virginia
Physical Therapy Background Research
- “Plantar Fascitis: The Effect of Soft Tissue Mobilization on Pain and Function”
- “Documenting Innominate Superior Shear Dysfunction and Efficacy of
Limited Treatment on Pain and Function”
- “The Effects of Strengthening on a Patient with Chronic Lyme Disease: A Case Report”
- American Physical Therapy Association
- Virginia Physical Therapy Association